Payroll services - Advice for employers

Advice for employees

Understanding your payslip

If you are employed you should receive a payslip for every pay period.

If your tax code is wrong

Cox & Co’s systems are directly updated by HMRC. If your tax code is wrong, as an employee you will need to contact HMRC straight away so they can correct it.

HMRC will need to know your tax reference and National Insurance number. Look for these numbers on your payslips, P60 or Coding Notice

Contacting HMRC

Taxes Helpline - 0845 300 0627
Please have your National Insurance number with you when you phone
Opening hours
8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday
8.00 am to 4.00 pm Saturday

For customers who are deaf or hearing or speech impaired: 0845 302 1408 (Textphone)

Require some help? Contact us now to discuss your payroll requirements